Let’s finish the rules:
- Keep your exclamation points under control. You are allowed no more than two or three per 100,000 words of prose.
- Never use the words “suddenly” or “all hell broke loose.”
- Use regional dialect, patois, sparingly.
- Avoid detailed descriptions of characters.
- Don’t go into great detail describing places and things.
- Try to leave out the part that readers tend to skip.
Check out www.patreon.com/thejugglingauthor to get bonus episodes and access the full archive of past episodes.
The Juggling Author Podcast! Time management, writing craft, marketing, being awesome.